Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I protest!

Kind of. Not really. But I do vehemently disagree with a point Kristen made in her last blog: If you're married, engaged, have a girlfriend, dating someone, sleeping with someone, "talking" to someone, or still in love with another woman.. you are not 100% single.

The last part is what I don't agree with, the "still in love with another woman" part. I consider myself to be 100% single at the moment. In fact, right now I'm as unattached as I ever am. But I fully admit that part of me is still in love with my ex. From literally the first date, it was the most impassioned, intense, devoted, loving relationship I've been a part of, by far. A guy like me just doesn't get over that sort of relationship. That is, I won't get over it until the next amazing relationship comes along. I know that my ex will hold a piece of my heart until I develop that sort of loving, passionate relationship with another. That is simply the only way it will happen for a guy like me. I live my life for THAT relationship with those emotions, feelings, mutual devotion, and love.

However, don't think for a second that I'm hung up on my ex and not able to give myself fully to another girl. I am 100% ready, willing, able, and eager to present my heart up on a silver platter for someone very special. She just has to present herself as well.

Perhaps I'm just a different kind of guy. In fact, I know I'm a different kind of guy, as I get told that rather often by those women who get to know me and what I'm all about. This is yet another example of how there really is no roadmap to follow in love and relationships. You can form as many opinions and "know" as many facts as you want, but in reality every situation is different. There is very little black and white; just a large sea of gray that you have to navigate your own way, the best you can.

Enough philosophy. So, illustrious followers of this blog (all four of you)... What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. LOL. yes. You're a different kind of guy. Don't change it. You'll find your way through that sea of gray... I dare you to find a color! Peace and Varty love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh don't you worry, I won't be changing a thing! I hope I find the color red, haha.

    Thanks for the comments, Tiffany... Varty love is the best kind of love! I think that was proven in a lab somewhere.

    ReplyDelete